Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help for an art project.

wallflowerface

Sep 8, 2013
Hi guys,

I don't know anything about electronics, although I really need help with a little project and I have no idea where to begin. I will pay anybody who could explain to me how to create what I need, because I really can't find out how to do it on Google.

I basically need a really small device that will play a sound file (preferably over 60 seconds) when trigger by a tilt (if not possible, then by lifting).

So far I've come up with using a re-recordable sound module from a blank greeting card, although most of those are push button or slider triggered, so I don't know if it's possible to tweak those.

Let me know if you have any advice or questions, thank you!!!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You can get mercury switches that will operate when tilted. Connect one across the existing switch which makes the device operate.

If it's like a greeting card, the sound will stop again as soon as you un-tilt the object.

wallflowerface

Sep 8, 2013
You can get mercury switches that will operate when tilted. Connect one across the existing switch which makes the device operate.

If it's like a greeting card, the sound will stop again as soon as you un-tilt the object.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try getting something like that. If I succeed, I'm totally sending a cheque your way! :p