Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help finding obscure TCO/thermal fuse

CapTester

Jul 15, 2010
Hello all,

This is my first post. Please let me know if I am in the right forum.

I'm trying to find a source to buy just one or two thermal cut-offs with the following printed info on it:

1A 250V
Tf 187°C B4
UMF

There is also an inverted triangle with a slash and a T in it.

This TCO is very small, measuring only about 1mm wide x 10mm long (not including leads).

After countless hours on the internet, I think I have identified this as an ELCUT 44 Series #447 TCO.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct? And better yet, can you tell me where I can buy some?

Thanks from a first timer.

CapTester

Jul 15, 2010
Thanks for the tip

Their web site says they do not sell to diy-ers for liability reasons, but I thought I'd send them an email and ask anyway. I got a response that basically said, "send me $5.00 cash in an SASE and I'll send you some." No price, no address. Something seems fishy here. I've never done business with a company that asked for cash before. Has anyone here done business with them? Does anyone here know if they are legit?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
$5 isn't a lot to risk. Do they seem to be a reputable dealer with a significant presence (also "bricks and mortar" presence)?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
When I get stuck on a part, I ask them to send me a (free) sample. If it's a cheap part, 75% of the time they do it. I can't vouch for the company, I just know they sell the part you're looking for. Sounds to me, like somebody at this place, is trying to make a few bucks on the side, sending you a 'sample'.
It's up to you. I'm with *steve*, if I needed the part, I'd take the chance.
Good luck either way.

CapTester

Jul 15, 2010
Thanks for the advice on samples. I'll keep that in mind for future reference. I think you're right about some guy making a few extra bucks on the side. These TCO's never would have survived transit in a regular envelope anyway. I hate to admit it but I worked around my problem by going to Radio Shack, a place I try to avoid at all cost. Thanks for your replies and suggestions.