Connect with us

Need help determining what kind of fuse this is?

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by irishluck, Nov 5, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. irishluck


    Mar 12, 2014
    Need help determining this fuse type. The markings on it says "VW-1 H" or thats atleast all I can see.
    Need to get a replacement one.

    Attached Files:

  2. davenn

    davenn Moderator

    Sep 5, 2009
    looks more like a resistor

    show a sharp and well lit pic of the PCB where it came from
  3. irishluck


    Mar 12, 2014
    Well thats what I thought too but it is a fuse. I took the outside rubber case off (the black stuff) and its a glass fuse.

    Ohmed the good one out and measures like a fuse. Ohmed the bad one out and its busted.
    Indication on the PCB board shows F1 and F2
  4. KJ6EAD


    Aug 13, 2011
    VW-1 is just a fire retardant rating for the sleeving. Usually the fuse ratings are stamped on the metal ferrules.
  5. shrtrnd


    Jan 15, 2010
    Fuses like that are referred to as 'pico' fuses.
    Use a magnifying glass and see if you can find ANY other markings on your bad fuse.
    I don't know how-else to determine what the rating might be.
    HellasTechn likes this.
  6. irishluck


    Mar 12, 2014
    Yea you guys were right. I actually took it to my job and had to look at it under a microscope to find the markings. It was also covered in the melted plastic but its a 3A 250v fuse. But didnt know it was called a pico fuse. Appreciate the help
  7. bsco


    May 8, 2011
    Pico fuses..I had thought that they were sealed....If you look at the inside of a RJ11 telephone connection box like the ones that mount on your baseboard,(or some tele-communications equip)... you will probably find two very small green colored components inside..they are used to help protect the equipment from spikes on the phone line.... the rating is printed on the body...These are pico fuses......if you can remove the outside covering, then I don't think they are pico style...the fuse that you had I have found inside power supplies inside some orion laser lights....they just have a black covering over them which looks like heat shrink tubing.........
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day