Connect with us

Need help building a crossover

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by Ryan Richards \(Diesel Breath\), Jun 21, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. I need to make a crossover.. nothing fancy or anything... I remember in
    college we went over how to make a crossover and I think it had something to
    do with a resistor and a capacitor... Anyway, here's what I'm trying to

    I have a bass rig and the cab only goes up to 5kHz... I have a component
    system; meaning I have a preamp and a separate power amp... I want to insert
    the crossover between the pre and the power so the power amp isn't wasting
    its time with frequencies that the cab doesn't even support... I need it to
    crossover at 5kHz and slope at 18dB/oct... Any help is good help... thanks
  2. Rich Grise

    Rich Grise Guest

    You don't want a crossover, you want a tone control. Try a low-pass filter -
    the simplest is a resistor and capacitor, and you can add a transistor or
    opamp, and it gets more fun from there!

    just google for tone control or low-pass filter.

  3. justin

    justin Guest

    Your bass doesn't go much above that anyway (and that's why the cab
    doesn't support it)
    A filter will just muddy your sound, think of it as rolling your tone
    knob down. You won't be gaining anything, really.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day