Connect with us

Need help about CMOS domino logic

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by dhlee, Oct 15, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. dhlee

dhlee

Aug 27, 2014
    upload_2014-10-15_10-24-20.png
    Here is the Logic, I forgot to add Z(output) out of the NOT Gate.
    Anyway, I understood that Dynamic Logic is controlled by MOSFET's internal capacitance,

I thought MOSFET A-E's internal capacitance will charged, but I knew that this is not correct
    (I didn't know that PZ has parralel capacitor.)

if this right, I thought that when Φ is 1, Capacitor PZ discharges to left N-FET, Z(output) is on, even Φ is 1 cause Z's capacitor(like PZ Cap).

And another question.
    if A,B is closed and left P-fet off,N-fet on -> Can PZ cap discharge? Cap will have GND to any side.

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    I may not fully understand the phrase. But: consider the logic gate pe se (i.e. without the buffer-inverter). The logic function is PZ=(A*B)+(C*(D+E)) where *=AND and +=OR.
    When Φ = 1, this logic function is evaluated, PZ takes on the respective logic state and the buffered output of the gate is NOT(PZ).
    When Φ = 0, the lower left NMOS is off, the upper left PMOS is on. PZ is pre-charged to logic 1, leafing the output NOT(PZ)=0.

In the gate(s) attached to the output of this gate this will turn off all NMOS input transistors. Only when Φ goes high again will the output of this gate change state according to the logic function and the inputs of the following gates will follow suit.

Yes.

By the way: this smells like homework. If so, I can move it to the correponding forum section and I kindly ask you to post in the right section next time.

3. dhlee

dhlee

Aug 27, 2014
    I understood it.
    Z(Output) also has virture CAP, so it charges output and discharge while PZ is over right P-FET's threshold V.

So the answer is A.B + C.(D+E)
    thank you for your advice.
    and I'll find correct forum section next time

Ask a Question