Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help about car stereo

smuscat

Mar 6, 2013
Hi guys

I am trying to repair a VDO Dayton cd 1504 . The unit doesn't power up.When I release down the face of the radio a red led is countinously blinking.Can someone give a hint how to identify the faulty section of the radio?

Thanks in advance
smuscat

Hi guys

I am trying to repair a Man: VDO, Mod: Dayton cd 1504 . The unit doesn't power up.When I release down the face of the radio a red led is countinously blinking.I opened up the unit ,disconnected the the cd player from the radio pcb when I gave to it supply the Red Led lit on and off.
I tried to check also the following:
1 Cleaned the contacts
2 Cable between the face and the radio pcb checked with continuty tester,
3 The power on switch in the face
4 A small switch between the face and the the radio, is pressed when the face is in place.

All the actions taken were without success
Your help is much appriciated

Thanks in advance
smuscat

Last edited by a moderator:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Start simple.
The blinking red LED means you have power to the player.
Are you sure of your connections concerning all other wires in the power harness?
Any fuses internal to the player?
Make sure your hook-up is correct, then you'll move on to the power supply section.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Please don't post the same message twice smuscat. I have combined them so all the information is in one place.

smuscat

Mar 6, 2013
Thanks for your replay
I posted the second thread so I can be more clearer. I might be more arrogant if I ask for the service manual or schematic.
Many thanks

smuscat

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
LMGTFY <-- I assume you've tried that? I note you're asking for a manual on another site. Good luck. Check the "But wait, before you ask" thread for more places to search.

And it's fine, if you have more information, just post an additional reply to your thread.

Not arrogant to ask for a manual.

smuscat

Mar 6, 2013
Thank you for your reply. Please can someone suggest me how to get the service manual or schematic .
Your help is much accepted

Thank you in advance
Smuscat

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Thank you for your reply. Please can someone suggest me how to get the service manual or schematic .
Your help is much accepted

Thank you in advance
Smuscat

did you click on the link steve gave you in his last post ?

Dave