Connect with us

Need heat sink for GBU806 bridge rectifier

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by TallPaul, Oct 5, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. TallPaul

TallPaul

Oct 5, 2014
    Anybody know where I can find a heat sink for this rectifier? It's installed between 2 components so it has to lay flat against the part. maybe one with fins that curl back? thanks

[​IMG]

2. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
  3. TallPaul

TallPaul

Oct 5, 2014
    I'm looking for one that looks exactly like this one that's attached. I went through Digkey and couldn't find it, unless I missed it. The dimensions of the part is 22mm x 19mm
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    exactly isn't important
    as long as its dimensions will fit your use
    failing all else, make one ... cut one out of a chunk of aluminium and drill a hole in it

Dave

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  5. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Yeah, I would find or buy a thick bit of aluminium and cut it to shape by hand.

6. TallPaul

TallPaul

Oct 5, 2014
    I was afraid of that. I haven't been able to find anything on the web. I think device manufacturers who buy those rectifiers in bulk also have companies to custom fabricate the heat sinks for them. I'll have to get a rectangle piece of metal and snip to size then drill a hole through it

KrisBlueNZ likes this.
Ask a Question