Connect with us

Need hands free probe clip.

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by [email protected], Nov 26, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Guest

    I wish I knew where to look but certainly someone on this group could
    help me find this VOM probe add on. It's a very small spring loaded
    clip that allows for hands free attachment of a standard VOM probe.
    The clip itself is shaped like a hook to snag a conductor. They are
    usually color coded red and black.

    Any help on what these are called or who sells them online would be
    appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Jamie

    Jamie Guest

    Radio shaft sells a set that will slide on the tips of standard pin
    probes.. they have spring loaded fingers that allow you to clip onto
    a connection..

    Above is the place you want to go, be prepare
    to pay! :), look down on the page, you'll find the
    list of all kinds of test clips.
  3. hath wroth:
    The problem I have with clips that attach directly to test probes is
    that they fall off due to the weight of the probe. I would hook the
    probe tip to a component lead, and it would just fall off as gravity
    did its thing to the probe handle. It needs to be something light.
    So, I bought some of these "grabbers":
    (4 pages) and attached the DVM probe at the end of a 6" lead. On some
    leads, I attached a small alligator clip. On others, a pin jack.
    However, attaching the pin jack directly to the "grabber" was a bad
    idea due to the weight of the probe handle. Don't forget some
    insulation at the point where the lead hits the probe.

    Where to buy:
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day