Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need guidance on actuating "something" from audio.

steinklatre

Nov 29, 2011
A halloween project I am working on has a video which at some point has a "bang" and blood spatter and I would like to have something bang and spray at the same time. Then I want a doorknob to turn as well. Here is a video similar to mine.

I am lacking in the vocabulary in this department. What do I need to hack/make? The only thing they reference is this $80.00 http://www.pimpmyprop.com/DTMFControllerDetails.htm I can't see spending that much on something that looks like a microcontroller(which I love the arduino) and some relays!

Thanks in advance guys! Make me a super badass nerd! (wife loves when I pull stuff like this off!

A video of my eye prototype for a butler project.

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
you can use an arduino to control a small servo or motor (to jiggle the doorknob) and then just getting an electronic solenoid to push on a pressurized sprayer (hook up an air compressor that sits far away to keep automated pressure but not make it obvious that you are using a compressor)

Now if you want the doorknob to turn completely you are going to have to attach it to the door and use a servo (for torque) to turn it, but to jiggle the knob like someone was trying to get out thats as easy as just setting up a motor with something like a driving wheel for a steam engine to just spin and shake the heck out of the knob

and you can set up some mic's to capture the sound and any large bangs cause random spray, not sure how to accurately match up the jiggling with the sound, other than timing out the bangs & jiggles and having the first bang set off a set of jiggling and stuff