Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need equivalent to this part. In stock in USA supplier

TheSizz

Jul 15, 2021
Ok I think I have found whats wrong with my pool salt generator. After bridge rectifiers positive power goes to this following part then to two large capacitors. But I have no power into caps, so I can test 22v +goes into outer post/pin and seems as the negative to other outer pin the center pin goes to caps then relays to load, but no power comes out of center pin from this part. Jiejie JCT1255z. Looks to be a 55a 1200volt scr. I'm no electronics wiz. I was an electrician for over 30 years, I can solder, but not sure if I'm even testing this right? I do see power goes in and not out of, but I'm not sure if other outer pin is a negative or maybe this is a controlled switch? Any help would be great. I get power to display board because it splits before this part into another cap then voltage regulator. The high current draw needs to get past this. How to test this part and where can I buy a equivalent here.. thanks
Don

Last edited:

TheSizz

Jul 15, 2021
You may want to find the schematic if you can.
There is no findable schematic to the salt generator, as its a Chinese copy, I did find the hayward schematic that they coped from, very similar but some changes. The hayward goes to sl32 2r025 thermistor then caps, This one has the part i stated above then caps. I have the data sheet for above part I am pretty sure what I need.

Attachments

• 1808302318_Zhejiang-HKE-CMP7-S-DC24V-C_C125696.pdf
    300.2 KB · Views: 6

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
That plus here is an SCR test proceedure.
Out of circuit naturally.
If no circuit diagram is available then sketch out what you have.
If you are a lecky as stated, this should be no problem on a basic salt chlorinator.

Did you say you have a similar diagram...?? Don't see it here anywhere.

Thermistor is possibly just for inrush protection, but as you say, doesn't exist on your device.

Last edited:

TheSizz

Jul 15, 2021
Thanks to all that replied. So the scr is like a latching relay. It seems as what I test as a negative voltage on gate post, should be a positive to turn on the scr, I was on phone with one of their technicians and they are sending me a new pcb board. I think in off time I'd still like to tinker a bit, with old one, but it may be a problem ic chip? I tried every combo to find a schematic, but no luck..lol although they kind of copied the hayward system there are enough changes in part location and orders to not trust anything, lol. I do feel after this that I could most likely fix a hayward board...lol

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
So the scr is like a latching relay. It seems as what I test as a negative voltage on gate post, should be a positive to turn on the scr

Before starting a test on the scr you should determine the polarity of your multimeter probes as some are reversed output on the low ohm range.
Testing on a standard diode is a good indicator, then if reversed, interchange the test probes on the meter.
Some analog meters work this way.
Also be aware it takes a certain amount of bias current to turn the device on.
Again, analog meters usually no problem but digital can be.
If digital, use the diode test function.

Also, most control electronics are fairly well designed and rarely develop a problem.
Not so for the output elements which can and do fail perhaps as they do all the "hard work". :cool: