Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need Direction for circuit project.

Jus0n1

Apr 27, 2011
I have a project that i would like to work on but i am lacking the knowledge to move forward, I have a very generalized knowledge of electronic components and circuits but need advice on how to get started and the possible methods that i can use to accomplish my goal. With the advent of the every increasing amount of cell phone integration with daily life I would like to design a small ( size of a half dollar or a bit larger) circuit that i can simply turn on or off via text or blue tooth(can i use some sort of small RF receiver?). I am aware that blue tooth range is 10 meters which is not the route i would like to take but i feel that this might possible be more cost effective and can serve the purpose that need. thanks for any help you can give.
Jus0n1

Last edited:

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
Hi Jus0n1
Straight off I would say you'd be better off modifying an existing Bluetooth device than trying to build one from scratch, but it would help a lot to know what the circuit is for.
So can you please describe what you want to do, and then maybe someone can help further.

Jus0n1

Apr 27, 2011
I was hoping for a multitude of applications (key finders, gag devices, electronic locking mechanisms etc...)and really just trying to learn from and develop my own circuit. I found a few transceivers that might get me on the right path though
http://www.linxtechnologies.com/Products/RF-Modules/
Since i am much better with hardware than software I'm sure i will be able to get it working but being able to communicate with it and utilize it is a completely different ballgame

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
Hi there Jus0n1 :-D
I am indebted to you for the link you have posted above. It is astonishing what equipment can be obtained nowadays.
Your enquiry however is simply too general - I cannot find any specific thing that you seem to need to know... the only particular thing you mention is Bluetooth which you say is not the way you want to go.
It looks to me as though all of your projects require a radio link so why not get your link technology going and when you have an application that you can't make progress on, or when you could do with a fresh point-of-view why not post a new query.
Really though that link is great! and I have a friend who will very much appreciate the information you have provided.