Connect with us

Need a replacement power cord- dont want to burn down house

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by HolidayStyles, Jan 22, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. HolidayStyles

HolidayStyles

Jan 22, 2016
    So I Have a sound mixer that runs between a few turn tables but there is no power cable. I was looking for a replacement online and am not sure what i should get as to not burn down my house . the input in the back of the mixer says : "115/230v 50/60hz 21 w"....

can anyone shed some light?

thanks

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    You need a power cable and to ensure the device is switched to the correct voltage.

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    The power requirement seems pretty standard. So is your specific question about what type of power connectors to use, or are you wondering if maybe you need a large-diameter wire in your power cable?
    Do you have a power cable input jack connector on the sound mixer, or are you saying there isn't a connector, and you have to figure-out how to supply power to it?
    I'm thinking, that you're just worried about whether you might need some heavy-duty cable to operate the mixer. At 21 Watts, that's not a big problem.
    Is there an issue with connecting a power input cable to the mixer that we're unclear about?
    One last question that I'm wondering about:
    Can you give us the manufacturer and model number of the mixer so somebody here can Google information about it.
    Your Avatar Flag is for the U.S. We should find out if your mixer was made in or for the United Kingdom, or some other power grid. (Or the U.S.)
    Typically, when something is labeled 115V/220V 50/60Hz, there is a switch on the unit to select one or the other.
    We should find out what you've got, before we offer advice about how to supply power to it.

4. HolidayStyles

HolidayStyles

Jan 22, 2016
  5. HolidayStyles

HolidayStyles

Jan 22, 2016
    i guess ill just get a power cord that fits, switch it to the appropriate voltage and cross my fingers?

6. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    That's all you need to do.

7. HolidayStyles

HolidayStyles

Jan 22, 2016
    sweet thanks!

8. elebish

elebish

Aug 16, 2013
    18 ga wire is all you need with a good flexible covering and a strain relief at the mixer.

Ask a Question