Connect with us

Need a plug...

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by trondyne, Nov 14, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. trondyne

trondyne

Oct 17, 2012
    I've been looking through Mouser for hours trying to find a plug type (rectangular) connector for an LED lead to controller application..can't find anything close..

Can anyone suggest a product line or part that would fit the below specs:

Small 4-8mm plug height
    One way only polarity connect
    Female array mount on PCB
    1 watt max each terminal
    Low cost
    Different colors available a plus

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Do an Ebay search for 'JST' The Micro JST is what most Toys and RC models use...

3. trondyne

trondyne

Oct 17, 2012
    Ironically I finally found a similar product line just after posting.. The JSTs I had ordered some.. They are very expensive though... I am looking through some different kinds now we'll see.

Thanks

4. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    You might want to sort lowest price first in your Ebay search, you can get 50 sets of plugs and sockets with the crimp terminals for $5 delivered... Only 10 cents a set delivered... The most expensive part will be the one time investment in the micro crimper...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-JST-1...racter_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item27cc201195

5. trondyne

trondyne

Oct 17, 2012
    I'll check them out.. When I looked for them originally they were quite a bit more than that even from the lowest reseller I could find--not on eBay..

But they were not designed to mount on PCBs as far as I know either...are they the best choice?

6. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Best choice is a loaded question, they should/might/maybe work... The ones I linked you to are in fact designed to be mounted on a PC board on the socket side and wire on the plug side...

FYI JST although a name brand of Japanese Solderless Terminals, Mfg. Co., Ltd. has become a pretty generic term for any small solderless terminal out of Asia...

Ask a Question