Connect with us

Need 3VAC wall transformer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by billingw, Oct 15, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. billingw

billingw

Oct 10, 2012
    I'm looking for a hard-to-find wall transformer with output of 3V AC, 300ma. Does anyone know where I might find some of these? Thanks.

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Do you really need AC? If it is going to be rectfied, you could use a hirgher voltage + a regulator.

Bob

3. billingw

billingw

Oct 10, 2012
    Yes AC only

Yeah, I need AC for a particular purpose.

4. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Google

5. billingw

billingw

Oct 10, 2012
    Is your reply missing or is it just "Google"? If the latter, I've looked a LOT. Most (all?) of the hits saying 3VAC mean 3V DC after plugging into an AC outlet.

6. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Not missing anything, Google it up I assure you that they are out there if you spend a few minutes searching, took me all of about 5 minutes to find one with the Google search I linked above...

I'm sure there are others as well, you just need to spend a few minutes doing a little of your own leg work...

http://newpowercord.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_14&products_id=1347

7. billingw

billingw

Oct 10, 2012
    Been at that site in my HOURS(!) of searching but their TWO possible items are both clearly labeled "0 in stock" - drats, but thanks for your good intentions.

8. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
  9. dag

dag

Oct 16, 2012
    If it dosn't have to be a wall transformer, there are lots of 6.3v filament transformers available, and they are often center-tapped, or have dual primaries so can be made to ouput 3.15 VAC.

10. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    True, or a transformer with multiple taps. If the difference is 3V, use them.

I was going to respond with this earlier, but I was under the impression the OP didn't want to do mains wiring (and I didn't really want to suggest it).

Ask a Question