Connect with us

need 10 volts from a power bank

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Electrowan, Jan 29, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Electrowan

Electrowan

Jan 29, 2016
    I have a Auckey 20000 mAH battery and it has 2 usb ports and im wondering if i take those 2 USB ports and plug in 2 modifies USB chargers and put them in series will it make 10 volts and will it be safe for the power bank

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    This will not work. The components you use all use a common ground (0 V). When you connect the outputs of the 2 chargers in series, you efectively short-circuit them.
    You can put sources in series when they are electrically isolated from each other, as for examples batteries. Therefore you're idea will work with 2 separate power banks. Or you can use a step-up voltage regulator to generate 10 V from 5 V,

3. Electrowan

Electrowan

Jan 29, 2016
    ok can you tell me if this is a step up voltage regulator my freind gave it to me to use and i think it is one

Attached Files:

4. Electrowan

Electrowan

Jan 29, 2016
    if you need the model number it is hk23f-dc5v-shg

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  5. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Sorry, this is not a voltage regulator at all, it is a relay. DC 5V coil voltage, up to2A / 120 V switch rating.

Google "step-up converter"

davenn likes this.
  6. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Look for a DC to DC boost converter. They are dirt cheap on Ebay.

Bob

Ask a Question