Connect with us

NEC Laugh

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Members Lounge' started by GreenGiant, Feb 12, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    So for the last couple days I have been reviewing the National Electrical Code (NEC) for work, since I will be in MN next week and have to walk through a system that we are installing with an inspector.

I had never been exposed to it until the couple days ago, and I just got to the end of it, such a thrilling read I must say.

Nestled in the depths of the code (or Code as they call it) between Article 647 (Sensitive Electronic Equipment) and Article 660 (X-Ray Equipment) there is an article devoted to the specifications of Pipe Orans Article 650.

I can understand the need for almost anything else in the 600's section of the code, but noting that they must operate under 30VDC and under 6A seems a little ridiculous to have its own section.

I just wanted to throw that out there.

Any thoughts/explanations? :p

2. jpanhalt

jpanhalt

Nov 12, 2013
    Well, as you may know, pipe organs are a necessary part of every Norwegian wedding. Now, as for the Swedes, just ask a Norwegian what they use. :D

John

PS: I survived tropical MN for over 16 years. February is a great time to visit. Good luck. Stay warm.

3. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    Oh yes because Norwegians have a lot of influence in the US

I can hardly wait for the balmy weather out there (they hit 13 out there yesterday!!)

Ask a Question