Connect with us

Napco home alarm system trouble

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by NapSea, Aug 3, 2009.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. NapSea

NapSea

Aug 2, 2009
    Have a Napco Gemini P816 home alarm system, about 6 years old (firmware 9A), with 8 hard wired zones. Recently added an RECV32 wireless receiver in hopes of adding a wireless glass breakage sensor. Per the RECV32 installation guide, it indicates this receiver is compatible with the P816. Since installation, the panel warns E12-01 trouble. In Napco code, this evidently refers to an expansion panel in the 01 position ... which I think corresponds to the RECV32. Have disconnected the RECV32 from the panel, reset the trouble setting in the panel (using dealer code), and even powered down the panel (AC and battery) -- but the E 12-01 trouble warning continues to occur. The wired sensors work normally, and all the wireless zones in the panel are zeroed out. So why the persistent E12-01 warning?

My remote alarm monitoring company states they see no problem with the panel on their end and are not receiving any E12-01 supervisory warning. They referred me to Napco for assistance. As many of you may know, Napco offers no assistance whatsoever except to authorized alarm dealers.

Any thoughts appreciated. In the interim, I have returned the RECV32 for replacement, as my guess is that there was a troublespot in the receiver. My hope is that installng a new RECV32 unit might solve the problem. But am not sure I'm missing something, in particular why the panel is still registering an error.

Ask a Question