Connect with us

Name question.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Thedarkb, Jan 3, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Thedarkb

Thedarkb

Sep 7, 2013
    I need to know the name of those things you splice wires together with by screwing the wires in at either end, thanks in advance -Thedarkb
    Edit: nvm there called terminal connectors

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    They are often called chocolate block connectors here and perhaps there. This is because they were originally made from dark brown brittle plastic.

3. flippineck

flippineck

Sep 8, 2013
    ahh the old 'bakelite' plastic.. ahh so that's why 'choc blok'

i thought it was just the shape.. learn something everyday :)

4. gorgon

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
    Connector terminal Blocks, Luster Terminal Strip Cable Joint Connectors, there are many different names for these. Locally in Norway we call them 'sugar cubes'.

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    LOL thats a good one :)

In New Zealand, back in the old days, they were always known as chocolate connectors because the only way they were produced were from the brown bakelite

I cant remember when they started coming out in the translucent white plastic, maybe in the 1970's. They were used in their bazillions when I was in Telecom for connecting phone cables in buildings. Mainly in residential buildings.
    And then again with one of my jobs in Australia in the PA ( Public Address) audio industry, hooking up speaker lines through out buildings.

cheers
    Dave

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
Ask a Question