Connect with us

Name of this connector please?

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by Raging Beard, Mar 6, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Raging Beard

Raging Beard

Mar 6, 2018
    I have tried looking on supplier sites but can't find these specific connectors.

I have 10 pin and 8 pin ones, both in 2 rows. The 10 pin one is about 10-11mm wide.

What I really intend on doing is extending the ones I have without cutting them. So if I can just find more male and female versions of these connectors I can make removable extensions without cutting the original wires.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. LightShow

LightShow

Jun 9, 2016
    They may be manufacturer specific meaning that they are not sold to consumers.. very common with alot of stereo's and amplifiers.. would explain why you cannot find them

3. Raging Beard

Raging Beard

Mar 6, 2018
    Ah ok thanks, that's not good news lol

4. LightShow

LightShow

Jun 9, 2016
    nope haha

5. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    except in this example I don't think this is the case.

Let's see the other side of the connector as it likely has polarisation tabs on it (or the connector itself has a none-rectangular shape) and there are a gazillion like it - it's just a bit of a minefield trying to find the 'exact' one.

Sometimes, if you are desperate, it's easier to obtain another plug socket PAIR of the same pin-pitch and swap them both out but, in this case, I reckon that's a fairly common version.

Someone more familiar with this type of plug will be along shortly to post the relevant details I'm sure....

6. KJ6EAD

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
    Take a lighted magnifier to the wire entry end of the housing to see if there are any markings.

7. Robert_fay

Robert_fay

Jun 15, 2017
Ask a Question