Connect with us

Name of power cable prongs/sourcing

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by palamyre, Jun 24, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. palamyre


    Jun 24, 2018
    Hello all. I'm looking to design my own esp8266 powered smart switch. I have the capability to order and design every single part, except for two. I don't want to do some hack job where I buy a power cord/power brick and fit it into my casing, I want the actual prongs to be built into the casing and soldered to wires inside the box, which lead to a power converter circuit. Does anyone know where I can buy the actual prongs that plug into the wall, or at least know the proper, technical name of them? Also, does anyone know where I could buy a pcb for converting mains to 5v? Or at least have a schematic for one? Or should I just give in and buy a cheap usb adapter and re-solder the prongs to accommodate the casing I design?

  2. Bluejets


    Oct 5, 2014
    Try Ebay for plug pack casing such as shown below.

    Attached Files:

  3. palamyre


    Jun 24, 2018
    Excellent idea! Thank you much for this suggestion, I'll do my research
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day