Connect with us

Name for this type of switch?

Discussion in 'Electronic Components' started by johnjd, Feb 9, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. johnjd

    johnjd Guest

    I have a momentary contact switch.
    I want to find more.
    But, this is not an ordinary momentary contact switch.
    Inside it has a rubber plunger attached to the acuator.
    The rubber plunger's job is to repel the actuator after contact
    which opens the switch.

    The switch itself is dome shaped about 9mm high.
    The acuator extends about 3mm over the dome in released position.

    On the base of the black plastic dome is a flange 25mm long which
    holds the switch to the board by means of two screws.

    The base of the actuator presses directly on the foil on the board to
    let the current flow.

    Is there a name for this kind of momentary contact switch?
  2. Don Bruder

    Don Bruder Guest

    "Cheap calculator pushbutton"? :)
  3. Joerg

    Joerg Guest

    Hello John,
    Sounds like a tact switch. Probably the economy class version :)

    Regards, Joerg
  4. "Silicone keyboard switch". Usually molded in arrays, but individual
    ones are possible.

    Best regards,
    Spehro Pefhany
  5. johnjd

    johnjd Guest

    This switch makes actual contact with a plus sign on the foil trail on
    the board.
    This is what closes the curcuit.
    The closeing does not take place inside the swich as in all other
    swiches I have seen.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day