Connect with us

Mystery Object (Can anyone possibly tell me what this was used for?)

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by LittleMac, May 30, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. LittleMac


    May 30, 2013
    Hello everyone,
    I work for the Goodwill in Missoula posting interesting items to our auction site. Usually it isn't so difficult identifying these items, but I need help with this one. "Cole - Hersee - Boston" is engraved on the metal flaps over the end of what appears to be a light socket? It has a wooden handle and the other end of the cord is a threaded plug I've never seen before. I'd appreciate any help I can get as the company didn't respond to our email requests for info. If clearer photos are needed I'd be more than happy to provide them. Thanks all!

    Attached Files:

  2. Externet


    Aug 24, 2009
    It is an automotive or marine worklight.
    Plugs into a bulb socket that may be under the hood or on a light fixture.
    Its own light bulb is missing, and has protective covers for its glass when stored in a tool box.
    The hook allows to hang it overhead or somewhere.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day