Connect with us

Mystery IC T19

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by chrisdc, Sep 1, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. chrisdc

chrisdc

Sep 1, 2011
    Hello everyone,

Can anyone identify this part? It's in a SO8 package and marked T19 (edited 11:43am - T19A) and on the line below it
    ADV. (may also be AOV or A0V) Pin 1 is designated by a half circle (could this be a clue?), i'm talking about a small recess directly (about 1mm) above pin 1 - not the usual cutout halfway up the side of the chip). In 27 odd years of messing around with components, i don't recall every seeing this. No other markings or logo. It is used on an infra red receiver circuit but i don't have a circuit diagram for it so i can't tell you what it does. There are at least 10 transistors and 30 odd res, caps diodes etc completing the circuit so its fairly complicated. The circuits main claim to fame seems to be its ability to adapt itself to a noisy environment (like on top of a plasma tv) and still be able to pass ir commands. I know some 3 pin ir receivers have similar circuitry built in but this circuit uses a 2 pin photo diode. Have not been able to find (ic code) on the web, in fact searching for it led me to this site. Please help - anyone?

Thanks very much
    Chris

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
  3. chrisdc

chrisdc

Sep 1, 2011
    Hi Donkey, thanks for the reply. I followed your link but can't make much sense of it. Tried cutting and pasting parts of the link to get closer to the source but ended up getting lost. I also tried Googling (about 5 hours worth) almost every combination of this part number as per the recommendations in the "sticky" but no luck so far. I got really excited when i found STV0119A-ADA but unfortunately too many pins. After looking again (several times) in the sun with a strong magnifying glass, i'm pretty certain the second line reads ADV. I'm hoping someone out there has seen a chip with a half circle indentation above pin one, and that hopefully its on a part with a traceable part number. If i can find the manufacturer that uses that mark, perhaps i will be able to identify my chip. Regards Chris

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I don't remember the link, but there is an extemely long Philips SMD cross reference
    available on-line. (If your circuit is not Chinese, you might consider looking for it).
    It might help us if we knew the manufacturer of your circuit.
    The issue I run into, is there are hundreds of Chinese manufacturers now, and it's
    about impossible to cross their stuff.
    Maybe someone here will have a better solution for you.
    My take on this is: If it was made by western manufacturers, you've got a chance to
    cross it. If it was made by the Asian conglomerates, you're in trouble.
    Good luck.

5. chrisdc

chrisdc

Sep 1, 2011
    Hi Shrtrnd, thanks for that, sadly there is a sticker on the box, and you guessed it, made in China. The silkscreen on the pcb has a 2005 date on it so hopefully it's (the product and the manufacturer) been around long enough to be cataloged by someone. It says SpeakerCraft IRC-3.0 (also ELT01300 & 223486C & LBL01300) on the box but the unit itself bears no markings at all. I must confess it did not occur to me to Google any of the box markings. I'll do that later when i have a moment. Regards Chris

Ask a Question