Connect with us

My Livio Internet Radio won’t power on

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Wawaslipshod, Oct 11, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
  2. Wawaslipshod

Wawaslipshod

Oct 11, 2017
    Sorry about that. But I just tried the link and it worked fine.
    I’m trying to figure out why my Livio internet radio won’t power on.
    I included a picture of the radio’s circuit board in the hope someone would see something suspicious. I did. I noticed a small brownish spot on the right side of the picture in front of three plugins (white). Also the wires going into the middle plug look suspicious to me. I’ll try to upload the picture now.

Thanks for your help.

aa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    maybe just for you ;)

Clipboard01.gif

Anyway .....
    even googling, I am still not quite sure what these are ? .... it seemed to be used in a car ?

no obvious problems seen .... the brown stuff is glue holding connectors etc in place so they don't vibrate loose

does it have an external inline fuse in the positive power lead ? if so, have you checked it ?

can we get a clear photo of just the left side of the board ... everything left of that silver box
    and also a photo of the other side of the board in the same area

Make sure the info on the components is readable

4. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    Sir Wawaslipshod . . . . . .

Just from the aspects of what we CAN see there.

How about taking DC voltmeter in hand and set to the greater than 12VDC dc range and black negative lead to the metal shield box at top center and then red probe test and log down the voltages being at the 3 lead (plus a top tab) semiconductor being just to the right side of the large black can radial electrolytic . That will be the top, middle and bottom three leads on it.
    Then drop down to the bottom left to the two heatsinled devices U7----U8 and log the voltages on the three leads of each.

If you are even getting voltages, we at least know that there is some action from the earlier power supply circuitry coming into the power input connector at the top left board corner and up to these devices.

I noticed a small brownish spot on the right side of the picture in front of three plugins (white). Just cheeeeeeeeeep brown glue., left opened all day to age and progressively darken weekly.

Also the wires going into the middle plug look suspicious to me.
    That looks like it should be 4 interconnecting wires to speakers form a possible power audio amplifier as the 10 lead Single Inline Package IC mounted to the heat sink

73's de Edd

Ask a Question