Connect with us

My first working radio (created by stupidity)

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by dietermoreno, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. dietermoreno

dietermoreno

Dec 30, 2012
    My first working radio (created by stupidity).

It plays metal 24/7! (at least it has been playing the same albumn for the past 2 hours)

Mic cable is broken and when I connected my multimeter leads to the mic cable to test it then I started hearing music.

The multimeter leads are totaling to 2 feet in length, and I calculated that the resonant frequency for a quarter wavelength antenna 2 feet in length is 117MHZ, and adding the coil of the analog multimeter drops the frequency into the FM band range.

For "tuning", I turn the resistance knob. At no resistance I hear morse code beeping and no music. At 450k ohm resistance I hear music. At 4500k ohm resistance the music is quieter. At no resistance there is only morse code and no music.

What do you think is the cause?

Amateur created a pirate metal station?

Neighbor left his FM modulator on in his car and he plays metal?

video here:

You might need to turn down the volume! Those breakdowns can hurt your ears! My ears are starting to hurt now!

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Who cares?

You have another broken cable acting as an antenna.

Ask a Question