Connect with us

Mute button

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Niften, Oct 3, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Niften

Niften

Oct 3, 2011
    This is a mute button for a Labtec LCS-2632 2 channel + subwoofer pc audio system. I'm trying to just wire the button out since it broke but messed up the channel sound. I can't seem to figure out how the wires work so I've attached a picture since I can't get a schematic to work off of to fix it.

Attached Files:

• test.jpg
      test.jpg
      File size:
      143.8 KB
      Views:
  2. KJ6EAD

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
    Arbitrarily numbering the leads from top to bottom for each channel (left and right), the connections are probably L1-L2 to unmute channel L, R1-R2 to unmute channel R, L2-L3 to mute channel L and R2-R3 to mute channel R. Test with a shorting jumper or a pair of metal tweezers.

3. Niften

Niften

Oct 3, 2011
    Thanks for the reply. I umm well plugged the speakers in the wrong jack.. All three on left go together all 3 on right go together

4. TBennettcc

TBennettcc

Dec 4, 2010
    What do you mean you plugged the speakers in the wrong jack? Was that the problem? Is everything fixed? Or are you still having problems?

Ask a Question