Connect with us

Music playback

Discussion in 'Audio' started by musiclover, Sep 17, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. musiclover

musiclover

Sep 17, 2018
    I want to start a project with my son. The goal is to produce music playback through a speaker with something cheap like a microprocessor. I want to know if that's feasible or what other approaches should I attempt. I don't want to use any circuit board like an Arduino or teensy board. Basically, we want to make something simple like those in greeting cards so we can place them around the house.
    Thank you for any help.

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    What is the source of the music? It sounds like you are talking about an MP3 player.

Bob

3. musiclover

musiclover

Sep 17, 2018
    Well i would like to import the music/sound from my laptop. In a way it could act as an MP3 player but limited with length maybe 10 to 30 seconds

4. KJ6EAD

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
  5. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Except he said he did not want a board, wsnts to roll his own.

Bob

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    this statement

and this statement

are in compatible ... for the complexity that you are asking, there is no simple way.
    Like it or not, you are going to need something like what @KJ6EAD posted

Even if you could buy all the components. You are not likely to be able to produce the required circuit board complexity by hand

There may well be kits that supply the parts and circuit board as shown above.
    All you need then is some awesome soldering skills ... do you have excellent soldering skills for very fine pins and tracks as shown in that board ?

If you want much easier ... ie... doesn't physically connect to the computer
    then you use the suggestion by @Externet and record the sound coming out of your PC speaker

Dave

7. VenomBallistics

VenomBallistics

Aug 30, 2018
    sounds like a job for an embedded sound clip from an MCU, running into an LM386 audio amp to drive a speaker.
    The downside of this is that you'll need a programming tool and your program material will not be easily changed as you'll have to compile each time you want something new.

Ask a Question