Connect with us

multiplexer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by abhishekkhanna, Oct 4, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. abhishekkhanna

abhishekkhanna

Oct 4, 2010
    hi everyone.....can ayone tell how can i interface a mux with a microcontroller

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    With wires...

You need more information.

Is the voltage range of the signals from the mux compatible with the input of the uC?

Is the signal from the mux analog or digital?

Is the uC input analog or digital?

How fast can the uC sample the input, and how fast does the signal change? Is this acceptable?

Do you need to also read the signal that controls the mux so you know what channel you're reading? (then ask most of the questions above about that signal too)

Once you have all that data, you may be able to answer the question yourself, but you will certainly be in a position to ask someone else :)

3. pratik choudhary

pratik choudhary

Oct 5, 2010
    i hav the same sort of problem like abhishek

i want to multiplex the inputs to infrared led on ps/2 opto-mechanical mouse using a 8x1 mux , the select lines need to read input from a 8051 microcontroller to supply the values 000,001,010,011,100,101,110,111 to 3 select lines.
    i hav assembled the mouse circuit on a breadboard ,i need a program for 8051 uC using keil uVision for the same ,please sum1 help...
    :confused:

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    1 h8 2 r34d 733t p33p73 t47k. 1t d035 m3 h34d 1n !!11!one!eleven

Sounds remarkably well defined for something you don't understand.

Simply assert the appropriate outputs of the uC and read the input.

Ask a Question