Connect with us

Multiple quad bilateral switch replacement

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by dannuge, Jun 12, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. dannuge

dannuge

Jun 12, 2012
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and relatively new to utilizing IC in my projects. I understand how IC's work but I dont know how to find IC that would complete my tasks. Like is there some database? I couldnt find such a thing so I came here.

The task I want to complete is switching between two different 8 channel inputs. So when the switch port is high it allows 8 channels from input 1 to flow and when the switch port is low it allows 8 channels from input 2 to flow. See attachment
    I thought of a way to do this with 4 quad bilateral switches with a few transistors but I was curious if I could just use one IC instead of 4. Do you know of such an IC or a place I could search for one? Thanks!
    Daniel

Attached Files:

2. dannuge

dannuge

Jun 12, 2012
    So I just found a quad bistable latch and I think two of them together will work, and then I found an octal bistable latch but it looks a bit different and Im not sure if it will work. Tell me what you think. Do these fulfill the function Im trying to accomplish?

Ask a Question