Connect with us

multiple choice questions regarding electrical systems,,help!!!

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by aabbddlah, Nov 8, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. aabbddlah

aabbddlah

Nov 8, 2012
    i v got a quiz and i m unable to find answers for these ,, i will appreciate it if u would assist me gents

q1-Which of the following is NOT an approved transformer configuration by ANSI in regard to voltage phase shift between primary and secondary windings?

a-Delta-Wye with thirty degrees lagging shift at the secondary

b-Wye-Wye with zero phase shift

c-Wye-Delta with thirty degrees lagging shift at the primary

d-Delta-Delta with zero phase shift

q2-What components of the fault current shall be considered during the first half cycle of the short circuit and for what purpose?

a-Transient asymmetrical fault for interrupting rating of the circuit breakers.
    b-Sub-transient asymmetrical fault for Close and Latch rating of the circuit breakers.
    c-Transient symmetrical fault for Close and Latch rating of the circuit breakers.
    d-Sub-transient asymmetrical fault for interrupting rating of the circuit breakers.

q3-Which of the following is NOT true in regard to fault levels in balanced three phase powewr systems?

a-Arcing faults are higher than three phase bolted faults.

b-Ground fault equals approximately the ground resistor current rating fault in resistive grounded systems.

c-Phase to phase fault equals 0.867 of the three phase bolted fault.

d-Ground fault equals approximately three phase bolted fault in solidly grounded systems.

q4-An unbalanced wye with grounded neutral load consists of a 4 + j3 Ohm impedance connected to phase A, a 3 + j3 Ohm impedance connected to phase B, and a 4 + j5 Ohm impedance connected to phase C. The power source is balanced and the sequence is ABC with VAB = 208 at an angle of 0°. Assuming all currents are flowing from the source to the load, calculate the value of I(B) [where I(B) is the phase B current].??

A~ 28.3 A at an angle of 165°
    B~ 49.0 A at an angle of -175°
    C ~28.3 A at an angle of -145°
    D ~28.3 A at an angle of -175°

q5-which of the following statements is incorrect?

a-Normal capacitive currents of the three phases of an ungrounded power system are unequal and hence they do not sum to zero.

b-Phase reversal is a fundamental negative sequence harmonic.

c-Phase to ground fault in an ungrounded balanced system will result in three times the single phase normal capacitive current.

d-Harmonics of triple multiples of the fundamental are zero sequence while harmonics of double multiples of the fundamental are negative sequence.

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    u nd 2 do yr own hmwrk... May I sugest u *t W elimination d options/answers uno r false, thN @ dat point progress 2 researchn d remaining answers 1 @ a tym 'til u narrow it dwn... n wen u myt narrow it dwn 2 2 options n r 404, thN ask 4 direction n we myt B abL 2 provide it...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  3. Yoa01

Yoa01

Jun 18, 2012
    You, sir, are a genius.

4. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Rotfl :D

Ask a Question