Connect with us

Multicolored LED Lamps

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by Dornith, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Dornith

Dornith

Jul 13, 2013
    Hello. I am a little new to electronics (a little, I have done a fair amount, but not so much that I would say I'm an expert.) I thought as a quick, simple, and practical project I could build an a few LED lamps for my D&D group. (Dear god, the nerdiness of that sentence...) Ideally, I would control it through either a remote control or my computer, and I would hope to have variable brightness and colors.

I've done some looking and I found a IR receiver (not a sender) and the rest should just be standard components (LEDs, resistors, a micro-controller). One thing I was wondering about was how could I cover the LEDs. Is there some translucent material anyone knows about that I might be able to use?

Also, if anyone knows of a better way to do what I am doing, please let me know. I know there are things like this, but they all cost $30-$50 and I feel I could make something for much cheaper.

Ask a Question