Connect with us

Multi I/O timer circuit advice

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by cptnjack, Oct 17, 2012.

1. cptnjack

cptnjack

Oct 17, 2012
    Hello All,

Many thanks for the feedback received, its a shame nobody could have been constructive with their criticism!

I find this site awash with egos' so I will take my business to a professional.

Thanks for looking

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012

Possibly...

Not going to happen with me, you would need to provide a deposit (out of pocket cost and partial labor cost) to start, and final payment (remainder of labor and any additional cost) prior to delivery of any circuit or project information...

The most you will get from me prior to final payment is a video/pictures of it functioning, you will not receive any completed circuit or design specifics until paid in full for said prototype... There is no security in potting and there is little to no security in over the counter microchips either...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    What planet are you from?

4. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    cptnjack I see you have edited your post after my reply...

If you are serious about this toss up some more design specs or information that would allow me and others to decide if we are willing to pursue this further... Also toss up your design budget and if this is a one off, production run, turn over the design rights to you or whatever... All these variables will result in different pricing structures and cost...

As for requesting further info or design specifics start spilling the beans, I'm all ears...

5. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    have fun with that. without a deposit no TRUE professional would be willing to even look at this, unless you sign a very lengthy contract that may include a nice little clause like "while you wil retain the copyright of this product we will be entitled up to 90% of profits from sale"...
    and if you think that isn't likely...... read the contract before you sign it.

6. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    I think it speaks volumes that the OP edited his original post (which pretty much asked for someone to work for nothing until the OP was satisfied)

into one which accuses us of being awash with egos.

7. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    This quote is marked post 1. Where Is the beginning to this topic?

Chris

Edit: This is even weirder. I searched for all posts by cptnjack and this is it! Just one?? :confused:

8. CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
    Did he edit it or completely delete it? Nothing else makes sense. Can we have it back in its entirety?

Chris

9. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    It looks like most of the original post was quoted by C.Cs first response. Too bad he did not quote the entire post.

Bob

10. CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
    Yes, I read that but without realizing that nearly all of the OP's original post was deleted it was lacking continuity. Got the big picture now. ;)

Thanks,
    Chris

11. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Yes, a lot of the original post was quoted by me (but not all),and then it was modified periodically by the OP several times after that... Once shortly after my post, and again after Steve's post, and it appears again later in the day... The post now is 100% void of anything that was in the original post...

Apparently he/she lives in a different world where people work for free and deliver product without payment... The original post by him was pretty straight forward, he was soliciting to hire someone to build him something and you would NOT get paid a dime until after you delivered a working prototype to him, only after he was satisfied with said prototype would he pony up some money and might actually pay... When informed the real world doesn't work like this he/she tossed a temper-tantrum accusing us of all having egos for not doing his bidding for free...

He was given the constructive criticism he now claims he wasn't given, he just didn't like it...

It might benefit this forum staff to install one of the post edit hacks that logs the original post/changes and makes them viewable by mods and admins if there is an issue...

12. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    I might make a habit of doing that in these types of post from now on... I know full quoting is practiced on many forums just for this very reason, that reason being instead of replying and having a conversation people just continually edit their original post as if they didn't say this or that, in some attempt to make everyone else look bad... AKA taking no accountability for their actions...

13. CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
    CC, thanks for the update. It's like sitting down to a championship fight only to find that you missed the first 11 rounds. :D

Chris

14. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Done.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  15. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    As in you installed a mod hack to track changes to the post so you guys can keep track? If so, it's one of them things you will hopefully not use often but it sure helps the staff stay informed and get the whole picture when stuff does go down and people are attempting to change history...

We were forced to install such a hack on a forum I was admin at due to some trouble makers that were constantly attempting to change history...

Another option is to simply not allow editing of the post after say 10 minutes of it being posted, this gives the poster some time to correct typos and what not but will lock in the content of the post after that... I have enabled this post locking on most of the forums I have run, as a huge pet peeve of mine is rogue members that dig a hole or even contribute valid info to a thread and then go back and edit all there post to something like "...deleted..." for whatever reason breaking the entire thread...

**EDIT OK I see that you restored the original post and included in in my reply... So obviously you are already logging the original post...

16. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    No, "done" as in your reply has a full quote of the original text.

As moderators we can see and diff all the versions of a posting that you (or me, or anyone) makes to a message.

This comes in useful when people get a message approved, then modify it to contain spam (for example). It is also useful when there is a contentious message and the original poster edits it after it has been discussed and before a moderator sees it. And in many other cases as well.

In this case, the OP carried out his entire conversation within one post, editing it several times as the discussion progressed. I don't think that's helpful.

Editing of posts tends to be counter-productive in some cases because (like this) you didn't even realise I had made massive edits to a post of yours.

edit: And for those curious about the mechanics of it...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  17. CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
    Perhaps this confusing mess was all for the best. If someone had bit the hook, just imagine what transacting business with him/her would have been like. On the other hand there may be a young anxious member PM-ing with him/her at this very moment..... Scary thought. :eek:

Chris

Ask a Question