Connect with us

mp3 player

Discussion in 'Audio' started by secant, Mar 28, 2012.

1. secant

secant

Mar 28, 2012
    hi all,
    im interested in making an mp3 player, looking for help with the various components. I plan to store mp3 files in an sd card, and send them to an mp3 decoder. Which decoder should I use(STA013 looks good). Also, can i make a simple DAC and audio amplifier or should i use a DSP kit. Pls suggest the circuit for DAC if possible.
    Any help woud be appreciated
    Thanks

2. War_Spigot

War_Spigot

Feb 20, 2012
    You can get really cheap mp3 players(come with decoder, battery, charging circuit, everything already built in) on eBay for less than $5.00. They don't come with an SD card though, but I would assume you already have one. If the MP3 playing is part of a larger project, I would use this. If building the MP3 player IS the project, then I would suggest looking at maybe some MP3 player arduino shields and see what kind of chips/circuits they have. I suggest arduino shield becuase it's likely to be open source(you can get all the info on the schematic, what you need to make it work, etc.) I think MP3 decoders have DACs built in, some even have headphone amplifiers built in.

3. OLIVE2222

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
  4. secant

secant

Mar 28, 2012
    Thanks for the replies!
    That helped...i dont think that STA013 has a built in DAC, i can use a CS4334 D/A converter. A VS1001 does have a built in DAC though...
    Thanks!!

Ask a Question