Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Motors & Actuator Conundrum (Diagram and pictures attached)

mjrgroup

Aug 1, 2010
I have a small problem:

I have a four-wire electrical feed (purple, green, red, and grey) which are designed to power two independent motors in a power mirror motor unit.

• The purple and green control one motor which pans right/left and left/right dependent on polarity.

• The red and grey control another motor which pans up/down and down/up dependent on polarity.

I need to connect these wires up to a different motor unit which has only one motor (black & blue wires) that pans right/left and left/right dependent on polarity. However, this unit also has an actuator (white & brown wires), which has a gear that transfers torque from the standard gearing, allowing the motor unit to pan up/down and down/up dependent on polarity, however, to accomplish this, two wires must be connected to negative and the other two wires must be connected to positive to pan up/down and down/up.

Dual Motors Wiring:
PAN RIGHT: Green Negative, Purple Positive
PAN LEFT: Green Positive, Purple Negative
PAN UP: Red Negative, Grey Positive
PAN DOWN: Grey Negative, Red Positive

Single Motor Wiring:
PAN RIGHT: Black Negative, Blue Positive
PAN LEFT: Black Positive, Blue Negative
PAN UP: Black & White Positive, Blue & Brown Negative
PAN DOWN: black & white Negative, Blue & Brown Positive

My problem is, how can I wire up the source wires to my new motor and what kind of a circuit do I need?

Thanks in advance. :)

Dual Motor Wiring to Single Motor/Actuator Unit

e31 Memory Mirrors Front

e31 Memory Mirror Motors Back

Non-Memory Mirror Motor Back

M-Tech Mirror Motors Front

mjrgroup

Aug 1, 2010
Diode selection

I reckon I can accomplish what I need to do by inserting two diodes on the purple and green feeds at the pink box and just wire it up like I have it in the image.

That way when red & grey powers all the wires, the diodes will prevent any backwards voltage flow to the purple and green source wires...which should prevent damaging the car's electrical system.

Now my problem is: I need two diodes, each will be operating at 14.5 VDC constant with a max draw of about 1A. I've looked at diodes but can't find anything suitable. Help would be greatly apprecaited.