Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Motorola chip help

jbarber

Jul 11, 2011
I am trying to find a replacement for a motorola chip in a circuit I am repairing. The chip says 301767 and also T5 40. Other than that all is has is a Motorola logo. Does anybody have any idea what it might be and what a replacement would be? Thanks

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Before we go wasting a lot of time, what is the manufacturer of the circuit. It might help
us identify if this is a proprietary part number or not. Motorola disappeared, and Freescale and On Semiconductor appeared to replace it.
I've got quite a few six-digit Motorola part numbers that belonged to their communications
division. I'm wondering if this is an old Motorola Communications part number, or
something different.
It's a lot easier to look, when we've got more info about where exactly to start.

jbarber

Jul 11, 2011
It isn't for communications. Its a power supply. It should be a MOSFET chip.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
... Fluke uses six digit part numbers, .....
Do you KNOW what company made this power supply????
Lambda, Acopian, Sorenson, Elgar?
I don't want to seem to be a pain about this, but cross referencing parts is time
consuming. If we know who made the power supply, or the company who's instrument
the power supply is in, .... we will know whether to look for some company's part
number, or whether the part might be a proprietary number that we should be looking
for. A little help here?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I checked all my Motorola data books, no device listed for that number.
Found an obscure reference to an 'REF-301767' on the web, but no info on mfgr or data sheet.
Condor is apparently a subsidiary of 'SL Power Electronics'
Did you try contacting the manufacturer, and asking if you can get a schematic/parts
list for the model supply you're working on?
I'm not familiar with Condor, but some places I deal with (like Lambda) have no problem
giving info on their circuits.
Good luck on this. I'm thinking your part might be proprietary, ....
But if the off-shoots from Motorola (Freescale or ON Semi), started making IC's when
they first began, still using the old Motorola logo, it's going to be tough to get a data
sheet on this device.
Good luck

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Try to identify the PSU (type, spec's) instead of the transistor. There's bound to be a plethora of MOSFET's on the market that will work in that application.