Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Motorised TV Bracket Remote Control Receiver

Cheeser

Nov 10, 2018
I have no knowledge of electronics but am trying to source where I can get a replacement learnable remote control relay box for our LAVA LVM-601.2 Motorised TV Bracket. The company no long produce the brackets so cannot supply a new one. Have been to RS Components they can't help and have contacted a couple of companies online but with no joy. Does anyone have any ideas please as we are loathed to throw away a perfectly good bracket for the sake of a faulty relay box.IMG_1197.JPG

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Seems like it is time to open the box and do an autopsy to determine the failure mode and repair those discreet component(s).

We "might" be able to assist with that, but since you have no knowledge of electronics, it might be too steep an uphill battle and at a bare minimum, you'd probably need to be able to use a multimeter and soldering iron.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I get the impression that the box is capable of learning an 'unused' TV remote control button-press and use that to raise/lower the TV set. Is that correct?

Worse case is that you could fit a simple switch to replace the 'black box' but there are many remote control switches available these days that could replicate the function (assuming the box simply provides closing relay contacts) but will require some rewiring and a separate remote control sender to activate - if you actually need the remote function.....

But as @dave9 suggests, some pictures of the innards would help.