Connect with us

Motor Direction RF Module Plus Switches

Discussion in 'Radio and Wireless' started by mcasey, Jul 23, 2016.

1. mcasey

mcasey

Jul 9, 2016
    I would like to control the direction of a motor not only with switches, but also wireless with an RF module. I can get it to work with the switches, I can get it to work with the RF module, but I can not get it to work with both. I have attached two images; one showing the board with switches, the other showing the RF two channel receiver. I would like to know how to wire in the RF receiver to the existing board so that I can operate the motor direction with both switches and the RF module.
    board.jpg rf module.jpg

2. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    You have a few problems to overcome.
    Firstly you need to supply details on the wireless module as you have it, no one here does.
    The motor will not run very long on that small battery.
    Tactile switches were never made to switch motor current.
    Neither was the breadboard designed for that.
    Probably get away with it at present with the motor being so small and on no load but a good idea not to get into bad habits that will come back to bite you later on.

3. mcasey

mcasey

Jul 9, 2016
    This setup is temporary. I'm trying to figure out how everything should be wired before I have a circuit board made. I'm using the motor because it is easy to see the direction it turns (or polarity). Once I figure out the schematic, the motor will be replaced with a solenoid valve that opens and closes by switching the polarity. (This forum has really helped me with this in another thread). See pic for module.
    Remote.jpg

4. mcasey

mcasey

Jul 9, 2016
    What other specifics can I provide to keep this conversation going? I'm happy to provide what I can.

Ask a Question