Connect with us

Motor Direction Do Over

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by mcasey, Jul 23, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mcasey

mcasey

Jul 9, 2016
    the attached pic is of a two channel RF transmitter and receiver that turns the motor in two directions. Button A rotates the motor clockwise while button B rotates the motor counterclockwise. How can I incorporate a switch or switches to rotate the motor in either direction. I'd like to operate the motor with switches and remotely.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2. Sunnysky

Sunnysky

Jul 15, 2016
    seems like a lot of blogs lately on reversal controllers

Ok your remote is
    A toggle ON OFF and
    B toggle ON OFF and
    if A and B are both ON or both OFF, it stops, but both ON stops faster
    So I have it right?
    This is the safest to have momentary stop before changing direction. (to prevent twice the current arc and stress on mechanical plastic gears)

If I understand, you want to remote change directions fast and have start stop fast?? with two buttons. ie. Change fwd +'ref inputs to Dirction and enable outputs?

Do you have any electronic experience?

Add detail to appocation andmmeed for speedy stop starts vs start, coast to a stop.

3. mcasey

mcasey

Jul 9, 2016
    Yes, you have it right, but A and B are both Momentary. I must hold the button for the motor to rotate, which is preferred.

Yes, I want to be able to control the direction both remotely and non-remotely, all momentarily; no latching. Starting and stopping fast is not a concern.

I have no electronic experience, this is an experiment I'm playing around with. Simply put, I want to momentarily control the direction of the motor both remotely and non-remotely.

4. mcasey

mcasey

Jul 9, 2016
    Okay. I finally got it to work the way I want. I had to add a DPDT relay. However, I do not know how to draw schematics or design PCB's. Is there a service available for me to send a picture of what I have in order to get this done? I'd like to have a few PCB's made...

5. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    There is Eagle and Kicad for free PCCT design Pgm and I use either Itead or DirtyPCB for boards.
    M.

6. mcasey

mcasey

Jul 9, 2016
    I have a long way to go before I ,myself, could draw a proper schematic, even with software. Attached is my rookie attempt to relay meaning of this project. Any suggestions?

image.jpeg

7. mcasey

mcasey

Jul 9, 2016
    Oops. I forgot to draw the positive and negative wires to the DPDT relay com pins.

8. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
  9. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
  10. mcasey

mcasey

Jul 9, 2016
    Yes. But it got a little out of focus, hence "do over". Sorry for the confusion.

Ask a Question