Connect with us

Motion Detection

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Potency, Feb 25, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Potency

Potency

Feb 25, 2010
    Hello,
    I just registered to ask a question but after looking around I might end up staying :D.
    Anywayy... I've had an idea but I don't really know how to go about it. I have basic knowledge of electronics and circuits but the idea for this is to dive in head first and attempt to make something useful!

I want to make a device that will detect motion (cars/people), send a signal wirelessly several meters to a receiver which will be connected to a buzzer or speaker and alert me to the motion. It has to go through brick wall into my house.

So my idea was to use either a PIR or ultrasonic motion sensor connected to maybe an AM transmitter? TBH, I don't know a lot about radio or wireless. Can anybody suggest how to send this signal inside to inside my house? Lets say radio would work, have the AM transmitter send a signal from outside to a receiver inside which is connected to a speaker. Also, would a 9 volt battery be ok to supply power to the outside unit?

This is more of a learning experience for me, and I hope someone can fill in the blanks.. Or correct whats already done :eek:.

Thanks!

2. Ice Coffee

Ice Coffee

Feb 21, 2010
Ask a Question