Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Motherboard problem, modded bios

Cassiel

Aug 14, 2014
Hello.
Laptop is Lenovo y510p (with 755m sli and i7).
A week ago, i decided to flash modded bios (a lot more options), everything went well, then i flashed vbios for second gt 755m.
After that, i was looking for these new options, and i found vcore voltage offset, i changed it to -65mV (i did it because my lenovo temps are extremly high, so undervolting should help a little. I saved settings, and restarted. After restart, i got blank screen. Keyboards led is on, so are power leds, fans are spinning too. And it gets hot after some time.
First, i tried all popular tricks, like blind flash, hard reset.. i wanted to reset cmos via jumper or battery but battery was "sticked" for good and i couldnt find normal jumper (i found 2 pins named "jme1jcmos2" and i connected them with some metal), still blank screen.
Finally i gave up, and went to computer service.
Today they said that, they flashed new bios but screen is still blank.
So what can be the problem?
Maybe something with this vbios? This lenovo has integrated graphics and 2x 755m so is it possible that every graphic card got burned or sth?
Or other components?
excuse my grammar :)
hope someone can help
Regards

BruceS

Jun 25, 2014
Try it with an external screen?
Does it SOUND like it's booting up but without visual?
I must admit it doesn't sound too good though...

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Your BIOS is responsible for getting your computer running to the point where it can actually load a program from the harddrive... What's more is that the BIOS has much more control over how the hardware behaves than any software within windows/linux.
It is possible that with a corrupt BIOS flash, that you caused physical damage to the machine.
Hopefully you can get the original software back on the device to see if it will work