Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Motherboard p5n32-e sli Help

elikhaim

May 8, 2018
Hi
My computer not turning on so I checked all the my all my devices and I came to the conclusion that my motherboard, p5n32-e sli, is the problem.
I found there two capacitors that are very hot...
If I replace them, its can fix my problem with my motherboard?
I also think there may be a short, because one time it did work for me, and other times I saw the green lamp flashing slightly...
I attached two pictures.
Thanks!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-12-19 at 5.23.35 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-19 at 5.23.35 PM (1).jpeg
    736.4 KB · Views: 7
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-12-19 at 5.23.35 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-19 at 5.23.35 PM.jpeg
    573.3 KB · Views: 6

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir elikhaim . . . . .

Have all cables and connectors reinstalled and then power up JUST long enough to be able to take a reading, then power off while logging it down.
Then use the same power up procedure, as you move on to a 2nd, 3rd and 4th of the items.

First use the BLACK and RED leads test points for an initial test of DC voltage level using the BLACK circled lead as DC meter ground, also keep that same ground for the other items measurements.

APL185 is normal with 3.3Vdc out at its tab . . .but see what it s input is also being .

Then check the voltages at the D's and S's of the two power FETS

Then, if no abnormalities, and If you only have those two bad E-cap units . . .you will be ONE Lucky Ducky !

MARKUP . . . .

upload_2020-12-19_12-5-37.png

73's de Edd . . . . .

ALWAYS . . . . . " Buckle Up " as it definitely will make it harder for any aliens to snatch you from your car.

elikhaim

May 8, 2018
First, thanks very much for your replay!

I checked the voltages:
In the APL1085 the voltage is 1.04
The second have 0.01 and the third have no voltage..

The other chip, near to the two regulators, I dont sure what is this, have no voltage too..

elikhaim

May 8, 2018
Sir elikhaim . . . . .

Have all cables and connectors reinstalled and then power up JUST long enough to be able to take a reading, then power off while logging it down.
Then use the same power up procedure, as you move on to a 2nd, 3rd and 4th of the items.

First use the BLACK and RED leads test points for an initial test of DC voltage level using the BLACK circled lead as DC meter ground, also keep that same ground for the other items measurements.

APL185 is normal with 3.3Vdc out at its tab . . .but see what it s input is also being .

Then check the voltages at the D's and S's of the two power FETS

Then, if no abnormalities, and If you only have those two bad E-cap units . . .you will be ONE Lucky Ducky !

MARKUP . . . .

View attachment 50168

73's de Edd . . . . .

ALWAYS . . . . . " Buckle Up " as it definitely will make it harder for any aliens to snatch you from your car.

I checked the voltages:
In the APL1085 the voltage is 1.04
The second have 0.01 and the third have no voltage..

The other chip, near to the two regulators, I dont sure what is this, have no voltage too..