Connect with us

MOSFET equivalent

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Lurch180, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Lurch180

Lurch180

Aug 16, 2017
    Hi All
    I'm new to all this so please be gentle with me.....
    I'm looking to replace a MOSFET - JCS8N60FB - I'm unable to find one locally and was looking for an alternative that I could use.
    It is being used in a food vacuum sealer machine.

Thank you
    Paul

2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    That device is an N-channel MOSFET rated at 7A and 600V.

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/410924/JSMC/JCS8N60FB-O-F-N-B.html

You can search distributors websites for MOSFETS using their filtering functions and setting the parameters to match (or exceed) the values I gave above.

I entered the search parameters at Farnell's site and this page of results came up. Chose the one (package) that suits your device:

http://uk.farnell.com/c/semiconduct...n-current-id=7a&drain-source-voltage-vds=600v

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  3. Lurch180

Lurch180

Aug 16, 2017
    Thank you kellys_eye, I'll will pop into Maplin with that information and see what they can do for me.
    Cheers
    Paul

4. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    You'll be wasting your time in Maplin.

Order direct from Farnell, Rapid Electronics, RS Components etc - Maplin are fast becoming the 'Radio Shack' of suppliers (older forum members will know what I mean by this reference lol)

hevans1944 likes this.
  5. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Yeah, maybe you can get "lucky" with one of their "lucky bags" of assorted MOSFETs and IGBTs.

6. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    The OP might not get the reference :D but just to clarify and avoid disappointment/disaster, the 'lucky bag' comment is probably akin to "you'll be lucky to find one that works, never mind fits".

Use appropriate caution and purchase proper parts for safety-critical circuits.

hevans1944 likes this.
  7. Lurch180

Lurch180

Aug 16, 2017
    Cheers Kellys_eye for clearing that up.
    I am an old time electronics engineer, used to repair televisions when they had Valves.
    And for Maplin, Don't waste your time going there, they didn't have a clue, if it looks the same then it will work attitude, they tried selling me a triac.

I think RS components will sort me out but I have to buy a quantity of 5 and I only need one. It makes my little repair expensive.

Thanks
    Paul

8. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Try looking at CPC Farnell - the 'public' outlet for Farnell proper and they offer parts in quantities of 1 off.

Ask a Question