Connect with us

MOSFET equivalence

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by Heitor, Jan 18, 2021.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Heitor

Heitor

Feb 10, 2016
    Hello,
    I have a circuit that controls a 9V motor. The circuit begins with the mosfet CEB25A04 (1st link) that was all shorted out. As I had the mosfet IRLB3034 (2nd link), and both seemed to have close enough specs i substituted it.
    As a result: as i press the switch the circuit works and turns on the motor a until a moment that the mosfet stop the current flow. If I reset the circuit plugging the battery off and on, i works a few times again.
    Now i don't know if there is any incompatibility between these 2 mosfets or there could be another problem that would cause this. If the latter is the case, any ideas on how to diagnose this?

In this board the switches operates as follow:
    1 - Is pressed at each turn of the gear-set driven by the motor;
    2 - Selects between a continuous operation when pressed and an operation that shut down the circuit with one full turn of the gear set;
    3 - start the circuit.

https://docplayer.net/136565532-Cep...-ratings-t-c-25-c-unless-otherwise-noted.html
    https://www.datasheetbank.com/IRLB3034-Datasheet-PDF-IR

Attached Files:

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Do you have a schematic circuit diagram? The photos are of little help.

3. Heitor

Heitor

Feb 10, 2016
    Sorry, i dont have. I have contacted the manufacturer for more information but without success. I will try to list the components as soon as possible to see if it helps.

4. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Listing the components only will not help much. Can you try to re-create the schematic by following the traces on the pcb? It doesn't have to be a perfect computer generated drawing. A well legible manual scetch will do.

5. WHONOES

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
    A schematic of some sort is absolutely vital as my crystal ball has a permanent malfunction.

Ask a Question