Connect with us

Morse buzzer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Deigh, May 2, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Deigh

Deigh

Apr 26, 2011
    Just gone back to my youth and have bought a morse key on trademe!
    I need a simple circuit for a morse buzzer, suggested power 9v. Can anyone help please?
    Deigh

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    a basic audio oscillator and put the Morse key in as the on-off switch --- is the simplest way
    google audio oscillator circuits

you could get into more complex oscillators for a key, you may also find circuits on google

D

3. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    You can get buzzers which buzz whenever power is applied.

davenn likes this.
  4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    was too early in the morning when I responded, I forgot about them hahaha

5. Syncopator

Syncopator

Jan 12, 2017
  6. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    Agree. I recommend a 1-transistor phase-shift oscillator at a lower freq like 200-400 Hz.

ak

7. FuZZ1L0G1C

FuZZ1L0G1C

Mar 25, 2014
    Hello @Deigh (Morse Buzzer).
    Are you planning personal practice, recording,or what about short-range wireless?
    As a P/O naval signals instructor (70's) I knew morse then, but have since forgotten 99.99% !:confused:
    If your'e interested I have several circuits for carrier-activated keyers, transmitters, oscillators, etc.
    For accuracy practice, there's a retail built-product (or electronic kit) that decodes your morse code.
    Happy dit-dahing!
    ...---...

8. Deigh

Deigh

Apr 26, 2011
    Thanks for reply, I was a fully trained telegraphist in the RAF many years ago and followed it with many years in amateur radio. Just had the yen to do a bit of keying. I have a granddaughter looking to take up a communications career in the Navy and thought it would be fun to teach her morse. I presume the Navy still uses it?
    All I need is a simple oscillator kit.
    I used to go to Marist Brothers college in Jo'burg! Now live in New Zealand.
    Deigh
    78's

FuZZ1L0G1C likes this.
  9. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    For simplicity, nothing can beat a piezo beeper. Battery, key, beeper. that's it. Most of them self-oscillate above 2 kHz for the most attention-getting sound with the least power. However, some larger ones have a lower freq that is less annoying. Still better than a buzzer.

ak

10. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    If you use a USB connection for 5 V power and have arelatively high impedance speaker, like a 64 ohm headset driver, another option is an AC series CMOS hex inverter Schmitt trigger, the 74AC14. One inverter is the oscillator, and the other five drive both ends of the speaker in a BTL (bridge-tied load) configuration.
    1 - 74AC14
    1 - 10K resistor
    1 - 0.1 uF capacitor
    1 - speaker

Output frequency = 450 Hz.

ak

FuZZ1L0G1C likes this.
Ask a Question