Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Mono to stereo

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
Hi Friends,
I just completed my last project headphone amp and mic pre. I am attaching the circuit here. But there is a little problem. the connection goes to the PC is mono. I want to make it stereo. but i don't have enough courage to merge the two points of the stereo pin. What will be the result if i connect the single channel audio to my pc's left-right channels together?.Or should i need a capacitor ?. I have seen a capacitor conected to merge the stereo signal in a subwoofer filter board. Plz help me.
-vinod

Attachments

• Capture_006.jpg
    Capture_006.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 2,327

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi there

looking at your circuit, it reads that you are amplifing the the mic to feed the headphone is that what you really want to do ?

You do not show your microphone amplifier. If thats what the LM386 is then its not really a suitable mic amplifier or is it supposed to be the headphone amplifier ?

You dont need a headphone amp from the output of the PC there's already plenty of audio level there

Your plug labelled "To PC' what socket are you planning to plug that into ?
The Mic In ?

A bit of clarification on what you are trying to do would be great :)

cheers
Dave

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
hi there

looking at your circuit, it reads that you are amplifing the the mic to feed the headphone is that what you really want to do ?

You do not show your microphone amplifier. If thats what the LM386 is then its not really a suitable mic amplifier or is it supposed to be the headphone amplifier ?

You dont need a headphone amp from the output of the PC there's already plenty of audio level there

Your plug labelled "To PC' what socket are you planning to plug that into ?
The Mic In ?

A bit of clarification on what you are trying to do would be great :)

cheers
Dave

Hi Dave,
First of all thanks for the reply. You are right. I need an amp that can feed my headphone. but with that, i need another amp in between my PC's sound card and mic. And i need to monitor the sound from mic. but my pc makes a little delay. So i build this single lm 386 chip amp for that purpose. The gain of the connection goes to PC's sound card is great but the gain to headphone is comparatively low.should i need 2 lm 386 chip to solve the problem?. Or is there any way to increase the output gain of this amp?. My socket to PC's sound card is a 3.5mm stereo jack. I hope you can solve this.
-vinod

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
You can safely connect both left and right PC sound inputs to the same signal.

Bob

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
I am stuck wondering why you need to amplify the signal to the computer from the mic? Plenty of mic's plug into pc's and most do not have a pre-amp, is there some special purpose you are trying to achieve?

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
I am stuck wondering why you need to amplify the signal to the computer from the mic? Plenty of mic's plug into pc's and most do not have a pre-amp, is there some special purpose you are trying to achieve?

Hi jackorocko,
I used this dynamic mic without a pre-amp earlier.But when i need to monitor the voice, my PC sound card's delay was the first problem. So i need to build a headphone amp and thus monitoring the voice. First i thought to connect the mic through bypassing this amp. Then i changed my mind and connect the mic to pc through this amp. Anyhow there is no problem with that connction and mic's gain also increased.
-vinod