Connect with us

Monitor screen gives shock, SAMSUNG 753DFX

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by leemax, Nov 20, 2003.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. leemax

    leemax Guest

    Above mentioned monitor gives a nasty shock when the screen is
    touched... is this normal or do i have here defective goods?
     
  2. Carl Buckley

    Carl Buckley Guest

    By shock do you mean you feel quite a bit of pain/numbness in hand or just a
    tingling sensation on fingers.

    If just tingling this is normal and you get it from a lot of monitors/tvs

    If you feel numbness then you should have it repaired.

    Thanks

    Carl
     
  3. On a standard type of CRT monitor or TV set, it is normal to have some
    static on the screen. It may give a strong static type of shock,
    depending on the humidity in the room.

    If you are touching any metal parts of the cabinet, or bezel, and you
    get a static shock, this can be normal if it is not an AC mains or
    direct shock from the power supply.

    I have cleaned the front screen with a dampened paper towel on sets
    while they are running. I sometimes received very strong static shock
    that I really feel. This is normal.


    Jerry Greenberg
    http://www.zoom-one.com
     
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day

-