Connect with us

monitor power supply/inverter repair

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by untoreh, Jul 29, 2015.

1. untoreh

untoreh

Jul 29, 2015
    Hello I have a monitor that goes black after 2 seconds. I replaced the psu before, after my brother still broke it, and apparently it seems to have broken again? I used it fine for months then my brother uses it and it breaks -,- so like I suspect there is some voltage problem in my brother's room or in the house since I use a ups/voltage regulator.
    Can you check if everything is fine with the psu inverter? I have made a couple of photos
    Album: http://imgur.com/a/8xhFr

I bought this from aliexpress because I can't find anything like it anywhere else

2. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    Its hard to tell... but it looks fine so far.
    Can you snap some better pictures?
    Here are some tips : https://www.electronicspoint.com/resources/how-to-take-photos-of-circuit-boards.6/

3. mikey5791

mikey5791

Jun 7, 2013
    Hi untoreh,

What is your monitor model no? Normally the problem is likely at power supply board for monitor that goes black after 2 seconds.

Clear pictures of your board will be helpful.

4. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
    under the large capacitor, is that just dirt? or heat damage?

5. untoreh

untoreh

Jul 29, 2015
  6. untoreh

untoreh

Jul 29, 2015
    maybe I can replace a few parts from the stock one into the second one? The stock one is fried, it does not even power up, whereas the second just does not keep the backlight on the monitor. If I can't fix it, it is probably just gonna end up in the basement and eventually get trashed because I am not gonna spend anotoher 30$ on it. Plus since these boards have the power and the inveter together can't even use a better universal inverter on it...so yeah last chance :(

Ask a Question