Maker Pro
Maker Pro

modify flashing dog collar to solid on

burty

Nov 9, 2011
Hello,

I'm new here, I'm hoping someone can help please.

We bought a flashing LED dog collar, but the trouble is it is too much like a strobe and pretty unpleasant to look at, not to mention annoying the dog.

Is there anyway I can modify this circuit to make the lights permanent, while still using the off/on button. I'm hoping it's just a case of soldering a couple of bits together to bypass the flash but I have no idea what!

Please feel free to move this thread to another section if you feel it may get a better response.

thanks in advance. Matt

Photo%2009-11-2011%2011%2020%2039.jpg

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Are you sure that function is not already built in? Most of these LED drivers have several modes of operation. Does the box/ user manual say it's flashing only?

sheldonstv

Jul 17, 2007
very easy to do,locate the wires that are connected to the led(s)remove them from the board.....what is the supply voltage for this?that will to an extent determine the value of the series resistor(s)to use for the leds.
the next thing is the on off switch -is it a normally open momentary action switch???that will need to be changed for a latching type.the other option is a simple latch circuit(can be done with a handful of parts but how much room is there to use???

burty

Nov 9, 2011
thanks sheldonstv, the current switch is a push for on push for off, it doesn't click. there is a little bit of room in there if the pcb is replaced. the unit is powered by 2 x 3v batteries. I'm pretty new to electronics, so would need hand holding a little. cheers.

burty

Nov 9, 2011
is there anyway to do it with the existing switch to keep it waterproof?

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
Hi Burty,

Is there is only one operation mode there are not many thinks to do. The circuit is based on a small chip located under the small epoxy drop, no access so. Many visible components are 0 ohms resistor, mean just act as plain wire. The timing can maybe be changed if we alter the value of CX( assuming he is not just a decoupling capacitor) or by changing R5 or R6 who looks to not be 0 ohms. Just guessing job. What we can also do is to try to locate if one of the resistors is connected to the led (need very sharp picture to do that) and change is value to decrease the light intensity.

Olivier

ModemHead

Dec 2, 2010
... The timing can maybe be changed if we alter the value of CX( assuming he is not just a decoupling capacitor) or by changing R5 or R6 who looks to not be 0 ohms. ...

If the timing for the flasher really is external to the COB then perhaps removing either the R or the C would keep the flash timer in a steady state. Can't predict which state (LED on/off) goes with the timing cap being charged/discharged though.