Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: Modern and operational citizen's band base station radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Grodkowski

Sep 5, 2013
Hi there everyone !

I am interested in communicating with anyone who is willing to ship to me a free and working modern citizen's band radio with all costs and shipping paid for by the shipper / donater. Preferrably a base station. Thanks for reading my posting. Keep being your best !

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Why would anybody give you a free ‘modern’ CB and pay to ship it too?.
I think you have a bloody cheek!.

OTOH, if anybody does have one or two to donate complete with PSU and decent quality SWR meter, I’ll share the shipping cost with you.
Only immaculate and boxed items please.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Paul,
I read your other post about trying to get your radio (illegally) modified for 30W output.
Why don't you check with one of the amateur (ham) radio clubs in your area. Tell them your problem, and ask them
if they can help, or give you any advice on your CB. Most hams are seriously into radios. You might be put in contact
with somebody who'll help you out with getting a working radio at a reasonable (or less) cost. They won't help you
with trying to modify it for more than a 4 watt output.
Try it, they may be able to help you.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
read your other post about trying to get your radio (illegally) modified for 30W output
Lets get this jargon into perspective.
It’s not illegal to modify, buy or listen to anything over and beyond the legal ‘usage rights’.
However, to transmit over the legally allowed power output is definitely breaking the law.

Martin

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

One of the modifications I made to a CB set was using better filters in the IF for more selectivity of the receiver.
The modification consisted of using keramic IF filters and noise-free transistors.
I never used more power than was permitted.

Bertus

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Since the OP is on an illegal quest

the thread is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.