Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: Mobile sound effect playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageIron

Aug 7, 2023
Hello and thanks for taking time to read this.

I'm looking for a device that will let me play back sound effects at car shows, ideally the unit would be small, have it's own power supply, and it's own speaker operated by push button, allowing me to record/download a sound effect, then play it back upon push button.

I have some parts from parts express, but I've not done a project like this before, so purchasing a unit or, a tutorial on how to build a unit would be ideal, any leads would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020

VintageIron

Aug 7, 2023
Thanks Delta Prime, I have the sound effects, I am looking for the hardware, mobile, battery powered, that I can download the sound effects I have to, then play them back at car shows on the device.

Again, thank for your time taken to reply.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Look up "MP3 sound module". Here's an example (you'll have to switch the language from German to English).
You may have to an an amplifier for more intense sound.
Note also that you must enclode the speaker into a housing. Otherwise the volume will be very low.

Have you considered using a smartphone (almost any old, used one will do the trick) as recording and playback device plus a Bluetooth boombox for well audible sound output? No tinkering required, only off-the-shelf components and software.

VintageIron

Aug 7, 2023
Vielen dank! That is what I am looking for, now I just need to decide which of the products offer the best volume, battery life and triggering abilities.

Again, thank you for your reply to my question!

VintageIron

Aug 7, 2023
There are small units available (around 25mm square) which will bluetooth to your phone.
Many use them in model trains etc.
Thanks Bluejets, I ordered two from AmaBezos, one small the other capable of 30Watt output, since the use will be our doors I wanted to experiment with loudness, the small unit might not be able to be heard outdoors, if not hopefully the larger unit will be sufficient.

again, thank you for your reply to my post.

VintageIron

Aug 7, 2023
You might be pleasantly surprised if anything like the ones I've seen.
That's why I bought one of each, they were not expensive, the smaller unit is pre-wired just needing batteries ( AAA), so I can try it out quickly, the 30 watt unit needs assembled, wired with power 9-24volt, and speakers, hopefully this senior citizen will learn a new trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.